First, I need to apologize for not getting this Project Design blog posted on time! That would have been last Friday. I have been battling a bit of a virus....my Doc suspected West Nile Virus, but not really sure. All I know is every bone in my body hurt and worst headache ever. Ugh! I am much better now and catching up, so here's to Spring and how much better it can make one feel!
|CB2 Candlestick Holders|
|Suzani Hanging, Tramp Art Box and Vintage Pitcher with Bridal Veil Flowers|
|Vintage Mercury Glass Vases on a Stack of Books|
- Don't buy things just to fill space. Find things that are unique and have some meaning for you.
- Play with balance and scale to fill the space.
- Use books to raise up things that need more height to balance the composition.
- Start a collection. A group of similar objects can make for a powerful display.
- Use things you already have. Hunt for things you might not have considered using before.
- Find things from the yard...flowers, branches, greenery.
- Mix it up: New, Old, Playful, Serious, Expensive, Free....as long as there is a story, it can be beautiful!
- Have fun, because this should a pleasure, not a chore! :)