I was out and about for the Second Saturday Art Walk in Sacramento over the weekend and happened upon a cluster of new shops that have JUST OPENED! Needless to say I was very excited because the shops were all about my favorite things: design/housewares and chocolate! Today is all about this new shop:
Purveyors of Essential Home Goods
I was struck by their front window right away. The logo is brilliant, and the displays are wonderfully classic: Black and White.
The partners in this new enterprise, Fernando Alquicira (Nickname: Freddric) and David B. Lee (Middle Name Bradford) have created a Hollywood Regency environment reminiscent of Wearstler's Viceroy Hotel. ( I am kind of thinking that dog bowl would be perfect for my black and white dog.)
The guys had an arrangement of flowering branches on the wrap desk that took my breath away. It was at least four feet high.
Here are but a few of the lines that Freddric and Bradford is going to be carrying:
- Rosanna for china, teapots, cocktail plates
- Zodax for accessories (lacquer boxes, cast metal accessories, silver bowls)
- Lasco out of New York for Italian Soaps and fragrances
- Warwick for Silverplate barware, caviar servers, mint julep cups
- Vagabond for accessories and small furniture items
- Mannerisms for barware
- D&L Company out of L.A. for Candles. I have heard tell that the wax is so pure you can use it for personal fragrance!
- Jonathan Adler, but of course!
- Agraria for scent diffusers. Beautiful line!
The shop is expecting loads more inventory in the days to come. I am thrilled to see more exciting shops making their way to Sacramento.
Here are David and Fernando! Nicer guys are hard to find. We had a fun chat about the shop and all of their plans. They were gracious, warm, and very enthusiastic about their new venture! Please come in and pay them a visit!
Located at 1801 L Street, Suite 70, Sacramento, CA 95814. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website will be coming soon!
(Next: a chocolate shop to die for! And just in time for Valentine's day. Stay tuned!)